Yoga for Hip Pain & Tightness
With that said “nothing is certain except pain and taxes”, let us roll out our mats to practice “981yoga for Hip Pain & Tightness”, it is more than a yoga flow, it is my personal more than 10 years experience to gain profound understanding to get deep stretches in correct and effective way.
The hips are the Mount Everest of your skeleton, they are the largest joint in the body, and they work with pelvis and the spine to carry the weight of your entire upper body. when we talk about the limited range of motion in the hip muscles that results from too much sitting, we are usually talking about the hip flexors. Your hip flexors are a group of muscles near the top of your thighs that are key players in moving your lower body. They let you to walk , kick, bend, and swivel your hips.
The hip area including hip flexors is one of the most commonly tight area for most people, whether active or inactive,the inactive is like sitting too much, when you sit, the angle of hip causes the hip flexor to be in a tight, shortened position. the active is like running,cycling, stair climbers and elliptical machines all pull the hip flexor into that short, tight position on repetitive basis.
If you are trying to get rid of hip tightness, yoga is a great option. The key to successfully targeting the hips is smartly sequencing a class in a way that warms the body up and provides enough stretching and strengthening of the muscles surrounding the hips.
If you recoving from Hip Pain, healing , the process of acceptance, patient and creation of space for the body and mind to rebuild itseflf. The mind is powerful, the body listens, so open your mind and let it guide you and welcom u healthy and mobility through love and self-care.
981Yoga for Hip Pain & Tightness practice is going to be that time of self-care. Welcome gentel movement to relive hip pain. This class is for anyone suffering with hip pain & tightness which may causes back pain, sciatica or any kind of lower body soreness. Remember to listen to your body, if you are recovering from any paticular injuries, stay with me, i will guide you modify or completely skip any postures which bring you pain, go slowly breathe and be gentle.
What it looks like: I will guide you:
1. to Sync up ur body and ur breath
2. to fire up Breath of Fire to activate the Sacral Chakra
3. to meditate on the Sacral Chakra for healing and balancing
4. to flow yoga for Hip Pain & Tightness to align the Sacral Chakra
The below main asanas as hip openers for “981yoga for Hip Pain & Tightness:
1. Marichi’s pose===Marichyasana: relieves hip pain,strengthens sacrum, tones the hips. Therapeutic Application: Sciatica
2.Head to Knee Forward Bend=== Janu Sirsasana: to stretch the groin muscles is to strengthen them to improve flexibility eventually; to stretch hamstrings and hips will work as great way to heal a tired hamstring after running and also help to practice in opening the hamstring before running; reduces sciatica and brings in good supply of blood to the sciatica nerve
3. Baby Cradle Pose===Hindolasana: stretches hamstrings, pelvic floor muscles, groins, and gluteus maximus muscles
4. Fire Log Pose===Agnistambhasana: stretch the hips, strengthen the groins, opening the outer hips and buttocks, increase flexibility in hips
5. One-Legged Pigeon Pose===Eka Pada Rajakapotasana: the king of hip openers,increases external range of motion of femur in hip socket to open hip joint, lengthens hip flexors, stretches the adductor muscles and the deep lateral rotators which are located below our glutes(such as piriformis), extends the groin and psoas, relief from sciatic .
6.Revolved Head to Knee===Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana, lengthens and releases adductor muscles of the groin, tones the hip flexors, stretches gluteus medius
7. Hero Pose===Virasana, increases the flexibility in hips, encourage proper alignment in hips, open hips
8.Butterfly Pose===Baddha Konasana, is a stretch for your inner thighs, hip flexors, outer thighs and entire hip complex, relieves hip pain due to tight muscles and connective tissue in the hips, relieves tight muscle, it helps to improve the movement of the legs and hip used in so many athletic moves such as lunges, squats, running and cycling motion, improves the flexibility of hips, stretches the inner thighs and groins
9.Garland Pose=== Malasana，opens hips and groins, one of the best hip extension stretches , the stretch effect pulls at the hip flexors, upper thighs, and the deep groins together, gives buttocks a good deal of activation
10.Boat Pose===Navasana, stregthens hip flexors to increases hip mobility
11. Happy Baby Pose===Ananda Balasana, stretches the inner groins
Namaste! The higher in me bows the higher in you!